Welcome to the Kleiner Lab!
Our lab is part of the Department of Plant & Microbial Biology and the Microbiomes and Complex Microbial Communities Cluster.
Our current projects focus on:
- Direct linkage of dietary components with metabolizers in the microbiota. This project is sponsored by the Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research (FFAR)
- Factors governing energy efficiency of metabolism in free-living and symbiotic bacteria, looking specifically at a novel CO2 fixation pathway
- The role of horizontal gene transfer in the metabolic evolution of bacterial symbionts
- Development of cutting-edge methods for microbial community analyses focusing on metagenomics and high-end mass spectrometry based metaproteomics
- The development and evaluation of metaproteomics methods for root-associated microbes. This project is sponsored by the Plant Soil Microbial Community Consortium (PSMCC)
You can contact us by emailing Dr. Kleiner at firstname.lastname@example.org