|Fernanda Salvato, Ph.D.
Department of Plant & Microbial Biology
Lab Phone: 919.515.3882
Fernanda joined the Kleiner Lab in January 2018 as a Postdoctoral Researcher. Her projects are focused in the development and evaluation of metaproteomics methods for root-associated microbes. Fernanda obtained her undergraduate degree in Agronomic Engineering and PhD in Plant Genetics from University of São Paulo, Brazil. After PhD, she did a number of postdoc positions at University of Missouri, State University of Campinas (Brazil) and NC State University. She has experience in plant and organellar proteomics using gel and gel free methodologies.
- Borges KLR, Salvato F, Alcântara BK, Nalin RS, Piotto FÂ, Azevedo RA. Temporal dynamic responses of roots in contrasting tomato genotypes to cadmium tolerance. 2018 Jan 2. doi: 10.1007/s10646-017-1889-x.
- Salvato F, Wilson R, Portilla Llerena JP, Kiyota E, Lima Reis K, Boaretto LF, Balbuena TS, Azevedo RA, Thelen JJ, Mazzafera P. (2017). Luxurious nitrogen fertilization of two sugarcane genotypes contrasting for lignin composition causes changes in the stem proteome related to carbon, nitrogen and oxidant metabolism but does not alter lignin content. J Proteome Res., 16(10):3688-3703
- Salvato F, Balbuena TS, Nelson W, Rao RS, He R, Soderlund CA, Gang DR, Thelen JJ. Comparative proteomic analysis of developing rhizomes of the ancient vascular plant Equisetum hyemale and different monocot species. (2015) J Proteome Res., 14(4):177991
- He R, Salvato F, Park JJ, Kim MJ, Nelson W, Balbuena TS, Willer M, Crow JA, May GD, Soderlund CA, Thelen JJ, Gang DR. (2014) A systems-wide comparison of red rice (Oryza longistaminata) tissues identifies rhizome specific genes and proteins that are targets for cultivated rice improvement. BMC Plant Biol.,14:46
- Salvato F, Havelund JF, Chen M, Rao RS, Rogowska-Wrzesinska A, Jensen ON, Gang DR, Thelen JJ, Møller IM. (2014) The potato tuber mitochondrial proteome. Plant Physiol., 164(2):637-53
- Balbuena TS, He R, Salvato F, Gang DR, Thelen JJ (2012). Large-scale proteome comparative analysis of developing rhizomes of the ancient vascular plant equisetum hyemale. Front Plant Sci., 3:131
- Rao, RSP, Salvato, F, THELEN, JJ, MOLLER, I. M. (2017) The proteome of higher plant mitochondria. Mitochondrion, 33:22-37
- Ahsan N, Chen M, Salvato F, Wilson RS, Shyama Prasad Rao R, Thelen JJ. (2017) Comparative proteomic analysis provides insight into the biological role of protein phosphatase inhibitor-2 from Arabidopsis. J Proteomics,165:51-60
- Fialho, MBF; Andrade, A; Bonatto, JMC; Salvato, F; Labate, CA; Pascholati, SF. (2016) Proteomic response of the phytopathogen Phyllosticta citricarpa to antimicrobial volatile organic compounds from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microbiological Research, 183:1-7
- Dos Santos AL, Elbl P, Navarro BV, de Oliveira LF, Salvato F, Balbuena TS, Floh EI. (2016) Quantitative proteomic analysis of Araucaria angustifolia (Bertol.) Kuntze cell lines with contrasting embryogenic potential. J Proteomics, 130:180-9
- Havelund, J F; Salvato, F; Chen, M; Rao, R.S.P; Rogowska-Wrzesinska, A; Jensen, O N; Gang, D R; Thelen, J J; Møller, I M. Isolation of Mitochondria from potato tubers. (ISSN: 23318325) published 9th September 2014, Vol 4, Iss 17
- Carvalho JG, Leite Ade L, Peres-Buzalaf C, Salvato F, Labate CA, Everett ET, Whitford GM, Buzalaf MA. Renal proteome in mice with different susceptibilities to fluorosis. Plos One. 2013; 8(1):e53261. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0053261.